Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Microsoft and Apple software companies

Microsoft and Apple software companies

a) Is there any problem with simply using the products that Microsoft and Apple companies create for us?



  • Microsoft and Apple softwares do not allow users to create content through incremental individual effort or through collabration. For example, we can not change system like Microsoft office.
  • Obviously, Microsoft and Apple softwares do not freely available to the general publics. If we put Microsoft and Apple softwares on the internet, we may against the law of copyright.

  • Microsoft and Apple softwares are expensive.

b)Why do some people choose to use open-source software such as Linux?

















  • Open source software like Linux, Firefox are more freely available to the general public with relaxed or non-existent intellectual property restrictions. So, we can use the software like distribute copies and modified versions of works on the internet by law.


  • Open source software allow users to create content through incremental individual effort or through collabration. It means that we can free to change and use the software just we like.

c)Who owns the right to modify your digital tools? Does it matter at all? Why or why not?

  • I always use the Microsoft Office like Microsoft Words. I think Microsoft Words is an effective software for me to type my homeworks like essays and papers. When I use the Microsoft Office, I do not have problems to use it because I am not a expert and I use the software simply.Also, I do not need to a most update software or modify my digital tools likes the Microsoft Office system.

4 comments:

  1. Yes!I agree your point.We do not have the right to modify the software operated by Micorsoft and Apple, otherwise we may aginst the law.
    Also, I use Microsoft Office too! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Microsoft and Apple are the most common operating system that we used, the pre-installed program like the Microsoft Office, i think it does not make a serious problem among us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. although microsoft and apple are very expensive , we can still use it by the time we buy our computer.it's so convenient^V~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you answer the third question in a more specific way Cat?

    ReplyDelete